20 Feb Trending Exterior House Paint Colors for 2023
Interested in repainting the exterior of your home? No idea what color to choose? Look no further — we’ve got you covered. For inspiration, check out this trending list of top 15 exterior house paint colors for 2023 from Benjamin Moore and Sherwin-Williams, courtesy of brick&batten.
Benjamin Moore Exterior Paint Color Top Picks
- Benjamin Moore’s Nightfall is a dark, moody color that is reminiscent of midnight. It is a blackened gray with blue undertones. Nightfall has a light reflective value (LRV) of 6.36.
- Benjamin Moore’s Regent Green is a dark, muted pine green with undertones of blue. In certain lights, it can appear black. Regent Green has a LRV of 4.19.
- Benjamin’s Moore’s Bear Creek will give you an earthy, neutral look. With a prominent smoky brown undertone, the color is deep, rich and woodsy. Bear Creek has a LRV of 16.11.
- Benjamin Moore’s November rain is a light gray with subtle green undertones. This pure neutral can come across as an off-white. It has an LRV of 71.03.
- Benjamin Moore’s Grant Beige is a great choice for homeowners looking for a mid-range neutral with depth and warmth. The color has an equal mix of gray and beige tones with slight green undertones. Grant Beige has an LRV of 55.81.
- Benjamin Moore’s Mohegan Sage is a dark green with golden undertones. This earthy tone exudes sophistication. Mohegan Sage’s LRV is 12.37.
- Benjamin Moore’s Fieldstone is an organic neutral with plenty of depth. This versatile color has an earthy green undertone. Fieldstone has an LRV of 42.73.
- Benjamin Moore’s Westcott Navy is a classic navy that can appear black. It offers a deep, rich color that will define your home. Westcott Navy’s LRV is 9.87.
Sherwin Williams Exterior Paint Color Top Picks
- Sherwin-Williams’ Andiron is a deep olive green with strong hints of brown. This versatile color is a dark, complex neutral. Andiron’s LRV is 5.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Inkwell is an enchanting black with hints of blue. In some lighting, it can appear charcoal. Inkwell has an LRV of 4.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Agreeable Gray has been a fan-favorite for years. This warm gray is a lighter mid-range color, and it works on any texture. Agreeable Gray’s LRV is 60.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Mountain Road is a refreshing green-gray neutral. This muted hue is a lovely, earthy color that creates a calming look. Mountain Road’s LRV is 23.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Universal Khaki is an earthy, mid-tone tan. This reliable color is timeless and pairs well with more saturated tones. Universal Khaki’s LRV is 40.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Software is a warm, blue-gray that shows off a fresh, coastal aesthetic. This versatile, rich neutral contrasts well with bright, warm colors. Software’s LRV is 23.
- Sherwin-Williams’ Dover White is a creamy, calm and relaxing white. This cozy color is perfect for cottage-style homes. Dover White’s LRV is 83.
Any of these colors catch your eyes? Feel free to contact us for an estimate and to discuss how we can help you achieve your exterior paint dreams.
Why should I repaint my home?
Exterior painting holds both aesthetic and functional advantages. A fresh paint job not only looks good, but it provides your house with an added layer of protection from the elements, such as insects, dust and weather damage.
A new look can also help your house stand out. A quality exterior paint job is the most important step in creating an aesthetic curb appeal, which will increase your resale value. Assessing your home for a new paint job can help you identify larger problems to your home’s exterior, such as water stains, mold, mildew and rotting wood. Once these problems are addressed, a new, solid paint job can prevent future damages from appearing.
How do I know if it’s time to paint the outside of my home?
Obvious signs such as chipped and cracked paint show that your home needs exterior painting, but your home might be due for a paint job sooner than you’d expect.
How long can my home go before it needs a repaint?
- Wood siding — 3-7 years
- Cement fiberboard siding — 10-15 years
- Stucco — 5-6 years
- Aluminum siding — 5 years
- Brick — 15-20 years
Reach out to us with any questions about our services. As always, we are here to help and guide you through the entire painting process.
The Garrett Painting Promise
What does it mean to work with a professional painting company?
- We will schedule your estimate appointment in a timely manner, at a time convenient for you.
- We will also supply your estimate in a timely manner, with a fair price and a detailed, clear estimate (no surprises).
- We will communicate clearly and regularly.
- Our team will show up on time and treat your home and family with respect.
- We will complete your job with accuracy and efficiency, so you can concentrate on more important things in your busy life.
- Our crew prides itself on attention to detail and cleanliness, plus being courteous and pleasant to work with.
- We use the best products and stand behind our work. We do the job right the first time.
For over 20 years, Garrett Painting has been providing quality services to our mid-Missouri customers. We will do everything we can to ensure that your painting project runs smoothly and professionally. We will treat your home with respect while keeping you informed every step of the way.
Shane Garrett founded Garrett Painting in the summer of 2000. Since then, Shane has grown his company based upon three basic principles:
- Do what you say you will do.
- Treat clients and employees fairly.
- Value quality over quantity.
Shane knew early on that great customer service and word-of-mouth advertising are the keys to running successful business. It wasn’t long before Garrett Painting earned a reputation for excellence. Today, Garrett Painting is proud to count many of their first customers as continued customers. We know that when we do a job well, our customers become our best supporters and that their home is our calling card. With a team of 15 to 20 employees, Shane leads the crew of painters and customer service professionals, each of whom are trained and held to the highest standards.
Garrett Painting’s Expert Crew
Our expert crew of painters and customer service professionals specialize in exterior painting, interior painting, cabinet re-finishing, commercial painting and floor coating. Our painting services include exterior staining, power washing and color consultation.
At Garrett Painting, we live by four company values: Integrity, reliability, quality and experience.
Integrity: We value honesty in every aspect of our business and expect it from each member of our team, and we believe good communication builds trust — the foundation of a solid relationship. You can expect integrity in each conversation and transaction with Garrett Painting.
Reliability: Our number one priority is to get your project done in the time frame you desire with minimal disruption to your personal or work environment. Garrett Painting will arrive on-time and ready to get to work.
Quality: We believe in quality over quantity. Our trained professionals offer high-level attention to detail and cleanliness, while being courteous and pleasant to work with. We use the best products and stand behind our work. We do the job right the first time.
Experience: With more than 20 years in business since our founding in 2000, you can trust that we will handle your project, big or small, with expertise, professionalism and unmatched care. Because your home is our workspace, we carefully control the work environment to respect you and your property.
Along with these values, we pair our high-quality service with high-quality paints, such as those from Benjamin Moore and Sherwin-Williams. High-quality paints have more prime pigments, which provide an easier application, have a greater durability and show better color retention. High-end paint allows for a long-lasting paint job, especially in high-traffic areas like entryways, kitchens and bathrooms.
With its increased durability, quality paint results in less peeling, cracking, scuffing, fingerprints, fading and chalking.
Quality paint not only provides beautiful color to your spaces, but it also protects against mildew and spoilage. Lower-quality paints do not contain as many binders (resins), which serve as a protectant.
Interested in a home remodel? Shane Garrett founded Garrett Remodeling as an extension to Garrett Painting. Customers can expect the same quality, craftsmanship and value for home remodeling that they have grown to trust from Garrett Painting. Our expert crew of remodelers and customer service professionals at Garrett Remodeling specialize in premium exterior and interior home remodeling. We proudly provide residential remodeling services to mid-Missouri, including Columbia, Jefferson City, Mexico, Lake Ozark and more.
Our customer service professionals make the entire painting process friendly and efficient from the initial phone call or website contact to the final walk-through.
While investing in a place as important as your home, you want someone you can trust to get the job done — and get it done right. Contact us today to set up a consultation or receive an estimate. We look forward to helping you achieve your painting visions for the year 2023!